Thursday, January 1, 2009

1/1/09

My first post of the day WOW! So let's recap the day and see if I was successful.

Sleep last night HA HA HA! We went to sleep at 12:10 and woke up at 2 with a screaming baby. Dennis got pushed out of bed to deal with that one but I didn't fully get back to sleep until he was back and she was asleep. She woke us up at 7 and after I went up and brought her downstairs I went back to bed and slept for another hour or so. I woke up to sounds of breakfast being made in the kitchen. YUM!

Breakfast was an apple sundae. It was supposed to be apple yogurt but we couldn't find that so we used plain yogurt that Dennis sweetened and added a drop of vanilla to as well. Then a small apple was cut up and distributed among the three bowls. Some raisins were added as well as grapenuts. It was a delicious breakfast and one we will definitely do again.

We then went shopping and went to Target and got wrapping paper. We then went to Sports Authority and stocked up on free weights. We got a set of 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 pounds. We got to use our $25 off coupon so although we spent 100 we saved 25 somewhere. They are now parked in the living room floor ready for us to use them which we already have tonight!

We came home and had our snack which was an english muffin melt which was 1 english muffin, some cheddar cheese that lightly covered the english muffin and then we split a tomato between the 3 english muffins which were split into 6 slices. It was then broiled until the muffin was a little toasted. Super delicious and again will be seen on future menus. The problem with snack today was that it was at noon instead of 10 so I was HUNGRY! Super super super hungry but I kept my resolve ate my muffin and waited to lunch.

Of course lunch was started immediately LOL! We had barbecue meat loaf which was ground turkey, onion, oatmeal, salt, pepper, worstechire sauce, egg whites, milk, and then bbq sauce on top. We had that with black eyed peas and broccoli slaw that had marinated in low fat sesame ginger dressing. OMG OMG OMG this was so flipping good. I loved each bite. The black eyed peas were for good luck for 2009 and lots of health and wealth. Since 2009 is my year I made sure to eat plenty!

Our afternoon snack was something called Texas Caviar and was black beans, corn, homemade pico de gallo, and some red wine vinegar. It was served with 1 serving of baked tostitos. YUM YUM YUM! Dennis said we need to keep that in the fridge all the time and I really agree with him it was GOOD!

Dinner was half of a turkey sandwich, w/ laughing cow, a piece of swiss, and a piece of turkey w/ spinach and a couple of olives. I wanted banana peppers but we were out. I need to remedy that tomorrow!

Our evening snack was fat free and sugar free pudding with one graham cracker. Ours wasn't exactly fat free because I didn't have ff milk in the fridge and used what I had but ya know what it was still good.

Workouts today was my cardio push day and I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. 15 was at a 20 degree incline, 15 was at the 30 degree incline. Then I did the shred with Dennis. The shred is KICKING MY TAIL! It is sooooooooo hard but I am noticing a difference already in how it was easier tonight than it was on Sunday when we started. I think I might go upstairs again and do more on the elliptical or else I will do some yoga. Oooo yoga I have a new video of that hmmmmm I think it's time to log off and go relax. :)

So was today successful yes it was. Today was the first day of the rest of my life and the first day of 2009 and it was a success. Next year at this time I am going to be sitting here reflecting on the past year and will be enjoying my smaller size jeans, and a lower weight. Even if it's only 5 pounds lower it will be lower. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment