Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1/13/09 All Day

Oh wow today is already over. You know what that means? We've completed 17 days of being totally on program and totally working the program. The doctor's office called and told me they want me to come back in 6 months for a follow up check. My goal is to be 15 lbs lighter when I go in. I think I can do that if I really push it and ya know what I am going to push it. I am not going to give up on this at all. This is for my health and I have the strength to do it.

Breakfast was cream wheat with bananas and it was really good. It was also extremely filling and lasted me well into the morning.

Snack was some turkey, cheese, and high fiber crackers. It was really good. We got a cajun flavored turkey this week and it very honestly is DELISH!! It has some spice to it which gets you when you don't expect it.

Lunch was an old favorite of a turkey and black bean burrito on a low carb tortilla w/ a touch of cheddar cheese. This is really one of our favorites.

Afternoon snack was cottage cheese and pears. It was good but it was just cottage cheese and pears LOL!

Dinner was vegetable ravioli w/ a touch of pepper and alfredo sauce. We put maybe 2 tbs on our serving of ravioli and were happy with that. In the past our pasta would have been drowned. We also had a salad w/ light dressings. Very good meal.

Evening snack was a banana w/ caramel sauce and a tbs of cool whip. Still out of this world good. I love the caramel flavor.

The workout was the shred. I need to do weights tomorrow but I have been giving my knees some time to heal as they have been very tender and I know weights only aggravate it.

It has been 17 days now and I am so happy with how far I have come. My back looks different now and I love how much better it is looking. I feel so much stronger and so much more confident. We marked on the calendar that January 27 would be our day off from workouts. I doubt we will take that day off but if we do it will be a celebration of making it through 30 days of the shred.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! I just know you'll get to the 27th and WANT to excercise because you're feeling so great and won't want the momentum to stop! :)

    ReplyDelete