Saturday, January 3, 2009

1/3/09 Part 1

First Happy Birthday Little Bro! We hope you have a great one.

It's midday and we are relaxing. I am about to go in and do two rounds of lower body weights though.

First the year of purging. I sold a wedding dress this morning that had been sitting in my closet for 3 years. I thought it was "the" dress after Dennis proposed but 6 weeks before the wedding I knew it wasn't "the" dress so I bought another one. I hope the person who bought it has as much joy in their lives as I have now. I've also listed my Ikea Poang chairs. I love them but they are not used and because of that they are not needed. I want a new living room set and some slimmer chairs in the future. They served their purpose but it's time to let go.

Letting go is sometimes hard to do. I can't believe how I feel about it right now actually. I've always been one who would hoard and pack stuff away but I want my closet space back and I want to feel like I own my house and that it does not own me. I have gotten a lot better in the past 3 years of letting things go but I am thrilled to see that it is getting easier. Next on the list to sell is the living room furniture. I really want a sectional in this room that has some recliner options and it's time for the console tv to be replaced with a lcd tv but before that can happen some stuff has to go.

In some ways I was blessed right as Dennis and I bought our house that we received a lot of furniture from my grandparents estate. The reason I didn't feel blessed is because I would much rather have had my grandparents alive and happy but that was not to be. The living room furniture we received has been great but the lazy boys take up soooooooooooo much space in the living room that it's hard to find a place where they really "fit". There are pieces of furniture from my grandparents that I will never get rid of such as my dining room set, and one of our bedroom sets but those are very different to me than two chairs that have been well used.

Ok enough about memories and onto the present.

Today we had a mini tex fritata for breakfast. It was egg whites, chili's, cheese that were baked for about 20 minutes in a muffin tin and 2 were a serving. YUM YUM YUM! Roo ate an entire one! She gave it a lot of head nods. We will definitely have this again in the future.

Snack was simple an apple and 2 string cheeses.

Lunch was grilled chicken nachos. That really hit the spot as I've been craving mexican. The ingredients were baked tostitos (1 serving) 2 chicken tenders grilled w/ mexican seasonins, black beans, cheese (I don't remember the oz's we were allowed) salsa, 1 tbs of ff sour cream, and 4 olives. It was very filling and had a great flavor.

Well that's where I am at right now so I better get up and go do my lower body weights so I can report back on that tonight. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment