Monday, January 5, 2009

1/5/09 Part 2

Whooo I made it through the day without the chocolate. I did smell it I did touch it but I gave it to my daughter LOL! She ate some and the rest went down the garbage disposal.

For my afternoon snack it was creamy salsa dip which was a mix of salsa, cottage cheese, and plain yogurt. It was served with a serving of carrots and baked tostitos. YUM!

Our evening meal was salmon and a sweet potato with a touch of butter and some fresh honey. YUM YUM YUM YUM! Dennis seasoned the salmon with balsamic vinegar, greek vinigarette, salt, and a touch of something else that I don't remember. It was delish! It has been way to long since I have had salmon I didn't realize it was missed as much as it was with that first bite.

Then it was time for the shred. I want to take a few minutes to reflect on the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It was a highly recommended workout video and I got it although I was skeptical. I trusted the recommendations and I am so glad that I did. It is seriously a workout. Yes it's only 20 minutes but holy cow it's 20 minutes of high intensity. Dennis and I are doing this together for 30 days straight. That is our goal and we are on day 9 so we are almost a third of the way done. My strength is really growing with this, I am able to do so much more of the video than I was the first day. Today was our third cycle through the entire dvd and I am in such a much better place than I was 9 days ago. I feel invincible! Since on BFL today would have been a rest day for me workout wise all I did was the shred.

Tomorrow will be an intense cardio day and I am already mapping out in my head what I am going to do since I will be in the office. And yikes at being in the office again it has been almost three weeks since I have really been there. I will really miss my baby girl but I know she is ready to see and play with her friends and tell them all about her Christmas. I can't wait to see how tired she is when she comes home. I am going to miss sharing all the snacks with her and all the playtime we have had with each other. These past weeks have shown me that I am glad that I am changing my focus and really focusing on the family this year. Roo is such a sweetheart and I want to be there for her and to help watch her grow and learn. I love that little girl can you tell? Tomorrow is going to be a super long day already I can tell. LOL!

Our evening snack was banana, cottage cheese, with some maple syrup. It was just as delicious as I remembered from the last time we did BFL.

So reflecting back on 9 days I am in such a better mood, more energy, and excited place than I was before. I can't wait to reflect back when I am at 18 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment