Friday, January 30, 2009

1/30/09 All Day

Wow I cannot believe that today is January 30th. Where does time go? Can it slow down some, maybe just a little? Ok I know that will never happen but sometimes a girl can wish. Today got off to a sluggish start I had a rough night sleeping because I could not stop coughing and yes I took cough medicine which didn't help. Oh well beside the point. Roo woke up in the best of moods and things were great! Then D sent me an IM that sent my stress levels up. It was about job security or rather the lack there of in this economy. We knew we would know something by the end of the day but my stomach instantly went into knots. I know we would be ok for awhile if anything happened but it would be tight. So all day I kept an eye on my IM's waiting to hear what was going on. At the end of the day we are ok. So with all that I didn't eat normally. Roo also woke up from her nap late so we got a late start for a very special errand for her. She got her hair cut today!! She was sooooo good and just sat there and she sat there for an hour and a half while we waited for our turn. I wouldn't have minded the wait if I had been told at the start that's how long the wait would be so by the time she got her hair cut it was 5:45 and we were 40 minutes from the house. Hungry baby who has behaved to her limits is as we all know 40 minutes plus time to cook isn't going to work. OY!

So we went out to eat and I have to brag here, hey it's my blog I get to brag right? LOL! We went to a local Mexican restaurant and Dennis and I both made great choices. They brought out the chips and salsa and I had 3 yes 3 chips before the meal. Man were they good and after the stress of the day I wanted to house baskets full of them but nope I stayed with my 3. Roo ate quite a few but for her they were mainly vehicles to dip dip! She ate a TON of salsa (aka dip dip) the waiters were amazed at her consumption. I ordered the carne asada special (very lean pounded tender steak) and instead of rice and beans I had them sub their veggies which are carrots, squash, and zucchini which are thrown on the grill to cook and are soooo good and sooo not greasy. The meal also came with a cheese enchilada. When I got my plate I instantly portioned it out. I knew the enchilada wouldn't save well so it was split between me, D, and Roo. Then I had a small portion of the steak and a couple of the veggies and brought the rest home. It was such a treat to go out but a huge victory for me because I knew I had to eat on program tonight. Oh and at the end of the meal while we were waiting for the check I had 2 more chips. We left over half of the chips in the basket when we left in the past we would have finished our first basket and been well into another one. Today was not a free day. I did it and I feel great. I left the restaurant and was not full, and not sick. I made it home without wanting to stop fifty times on the way home. I am really conquering the habits that I had slipped into last year even when I was trying so hard to lose. I really see now where I was messing up and why things weren't working. Life is good and life is changing because this is my year.

Ok so onto the meal review. Today varied a lot from the weekly posted menu to start with because somehow we ran out of key ingredients like apples. I think a certain little girl ate a lot of those earlier in the week. LOL!

B: 2 eggos w/ peach preserves
S: banana (and let me tell you this was a fight! Roo thought she needed 2 bananas and that Mommy needed none)
L: turkey wrap sandwich w/ 1 laughing cow, spinach, and banana peppers.
S: didn't happen and was the most stressful part of the day so it's huge that I didn't just stuff everything in the house in my mouth
D: 1 small piece of steak, 1 cheese enchilada, some veggies, and 5 chips total
S: 1 8 oz glass of orange juice

Workouts: We did level 1 of the shred again. We're moving to a different level tomorrow probably level 3 as level 2 is so much plank position and Dennis is still not 100% healed.

So at the end of a long day I was successful. Things did not go as planned but I powered through it and kept the calories down. This is my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment