Sunday, January 4, 2009

1/4/09 Part 2

Well the day is done and I am cooling down.

Dinner tonight was 8 meatballs and smart taste pasta spirals. The meatballs were made from lean turkey, oats, and italian seasonings. Dennis did a great job with them! We also had a cooked cabbage. You core the cabbage add in 1/2 stick of butter to the middle as well as seasonings. We put in garlic salt, roasted garlic, and some black pepper. Wrap it in foil and stick it out on the grill for an hour until it is soft. Or you can do it in the oven. We like the smoke flavor so ours was done on the grill and then brought to the oven to finish cooking. It was all delish!

Our evening snack was a serving of grapes. We got them at Sam's today and YUM! They are some of the best grapes I have had in a LONG LONG time.

Workouts well in my earlier post I said that I didn't want to work out but I forced myself to. Sitting on my tail is not going to get the weight off or the inches off. I want this loss and I want this healthy body. I do not want to go back to the doctor for additional tests because after this week I really feel that my half assing the diet and workouts was my problem and I want to prove to myself that I can do this for me.

Ok back to workouts. I did 30 minutes upper body weights. You name the muscle groups they were hit. So much so that my arms felt numb for a little bit. I am KICKING this. Then Dennis and I did level 2 of the shred. Day 8 and we are still standing! After that I went upstairs to do 35 minutes on the elliptical. My resistance level was higher tonight than it was the other night and it felt great. I love love love this! I am really doing so much better. With the shred tonight I was able to do more jumping than I was even yesterday. My high knees were higher and my jump ropes were actually jump ropes and not running in place. The mashed potato move I did the entire thing without keeling over.

Now I want to go curl up in bed for a month LOL! Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment