Saturday, January 17, 2009

1/17/09 All Day

21 days on program and 21 days of the shred. 21 days that is three weeks. 21 full days, 21 entire days. I cannot believe I have been this focused. I am so excited and I am so proud of myself right now. 21 days of pure focus.

Today was our free day Dennis and I went out on a date and OMG we needed it. I have stayed away from work today and I needed the break so that was so nice and so relaxing. Ok back to the day LOL!

We did not have any real food plans for today because it's a free day that means no set menu with body for life we get one a week to go out and eat as we want, as we've been craving, whatever. It's the one splurge day of the week, the day that is supposed to keep you focused the rest of the week. BUT today was different and I'll get to that later.

Breakfast: piece of whole wheat toast w/ 1/2 tbs of peach jam.

Snack: 7 caramel corn rice cakes (the little ones)

Lunch: Ok here was our splurge we went to a brazilian steakhouse. It was the brazilian steak house we were going to go to for New Years Eve but that we didn't for financial reasons. Different location but same restaurant. Anyway we chose the plan where they bring the meat by and you get what you want and all you want and then of course there is the salad bar. This place seriously has the best salad bar I have ever been too. The veggies are so fresh and so good. They have a great selection of light dressings and vinigarettes. We each got a big plate and headed to the salad bar and we filled our plates with fresh greens, veggies, black beans, a little bit of cheese on top of the salad and some sunflower seeds. They brought cheese bread to the table that are about the size of a sanddollar and I took 1 bite and that was enough. I ate my salad but actually couldn't finish it. I had the dressing on the side so I didn't use as much. The meat guys started coming around and I got a little piece of bacon wrapped chicken, a little piece of roasted chicken, a small piece of garlic beef, and two slivers (that's the only way I can explain it) of two types of sirloin. I ate both of the small chicken pieces fully and I had a small bite of each of the beefs. I also had 1/4 of a cinnamon sugar banana and 1 sliver of grilled pineapple. It wasn't much food at all. It was about if not a little less than one of our normal BFL lunches. I really listened to my bodies cues and I stopped way before I overate. I rocked this 100% I feel so good about myself! In the past the meat guys would have made multiple stops and I would have eaten all of it instead of just taking a bite and saying that was good and being done.

We then went to the movies and got a large diet coke and no popcorn! It was strange because I always get popcorn at the movies but I was like we don't need this and that was an excellent feeling!

We went and picked Roo up from the grandparents and we took her to the local ice cream shop. I got a junior size scoop (as in the size of a golf ball) on a waffle cone. Roo ate quite a bit of my waffle cone until we went and bought her her own cone she already had ice cream. The amount was not much and not even close to what a normal serving of ice cream is but it hit the craving and that's all I needed.

Dinner was the BFL of chicken nachos (again it was a craving but it was fixed the healthy way and way low on what points would have been).

Then evening snack was the rest of the pudding that we made last night.

We did day 21 of the shred. 21 days of the shred are done! 9 days left. A week and two days that is so doable! We can do it!

I really can't explain how good I feel about myself right now. I stayed way within limits and if I were still on WW I would have been under points with what got eaten today. I am soooo proud of myself. Today was a challenge for me because I didn't want to over do or break back to my old habits and I didn't. I kept my knowledge of healthy eating habits and rocked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment