Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3/11/09 All Day Long

Well today was fun I stayed home with Little Miss since she needed to be on drops for 24 hours before going back to daycare. She woke up in the best of moods and her eye was all clear WAHOOOO!! She did have scratches around it but that's what you get when you're clawing at it the day before.......I snoozed until she woke up and we watched Sesame Street while curled up on the couch. Typing one handed and trying to read e-mails and respond is fun! It's so worth it though to have a little cuddle bug in my lap. We split a bowl of cheerios while watching Elmomo and Ocar (not a typo that's what she calls him)

After Sesame Street she said she wanted to walk but since the weather was so lovely today (cold and raining) I said we'd have to walk in the living room she ran straight for the TV. My kid knows me well LOL! I popped in Leslie Sansones Walk and Jog. Now I love the walk away the pounds series but with this one SERIOUSLY if you want me to jog don't make me bounce and kick. It doesn't work for me I have no problem jogging in place, going up and back or whatever but the bounce kicks BUGS me! Ok vent done. I got through the whole thing and for quite a bit of it I had a 25 lb kid in my arms. More calories burned right??

It was then time for snack and we had an apple and some cheese. It's always a favorite around here and so easy to have on hand.

Lunch was a toasted turkey sandwich w/ mozzarella and a little light cream cheese spread. I put the spread on, then cheese, then turkey, tossed it in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes checked it left it a little longer took it out added banana peppers to mine cut it up w/ the pizza slicer (man that thing comes in hand for all sorts of things) and we enjoyed. Roo had an open faced sandwich it's easier to pull all the turkey off that way.......

She went up for her nap and it was time for me to shred. I did level 1 again today I need to go to level 2 again but the thought of laying down to do chest flies was my inspiration and hope for today so I went with Level 1. Roo woke up (kid seriously 15 minutes does not equal a nap) and I had to pause at hte punches run grab her run back down the stairs put her down and get back to it. The Roo was not impressed and when it came time for ab work she was sitting on me OOF! Talk about intensity. I powered through and we made it.

I then went and got our afternoon snack together which was yogurt and 1 serving of animal crackers. Roo discovered that yogurt makes a most excellent dip.......It worked she was happy and the cats were happy with what found the floor. Yes I know I have weird cats.

Dinner was a jalapeno cheddar burger patty w/ a low fat ranch pasta salad which had pasta (duh) less than 1/4 cup of light miracle whip, peas, corn, shredded carrots, and some bacon pieces. I can't forget the ranch seasonings it had either. It turned out really well. The burger patty was out of this world good. I cannot express how good this was it will be on our rotation again soon!

D got Roo to sleep and I hit the weight machine. I've been doing great on cardio and lower body but even with the shred my arms felt neglected. They do not feel that way anymore and I am hoping right now that I can feel them in the morning. Right now they are pleasantly tired out.

So that was my day, eat, play, work, and workout. I'll be back in the office tomorrow so it will be a lighter workout day. I don't think I will be able to get my run in because of the lovely rain. It really is lovely we have needed it sooooooooooooooo bad but it does put a damper on outdoor activities.

Life is good and oh yeah I peeked at the scale this morning and I hope that the number is at least where it was today because there was a great loss! I knew ramping the workouts is what I needed to do.

2 comments: