Thursday, February 19, 2009

2/19/09 All Day

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you are so focused on a project and you keep hitting a wall and making things that are not working and you are trying different methods and different ways and still trying to get the main point across? I've been having one of those weeks and my head yesterday hurt because of all the roadblocks that I was hitting. Then on the way home a lightbulb went off and I was able to get home and sketch things out so that I can visually see how this is going to work. I cannot wait to get a mock up done because this is truly a project that I can see being proud of.

Now how does that relate to weight loss and cutting back because that is the main focus of this blog well it started back in December with all my health issues. The lightbulb went off when things weren't working and I was hitting roadblocks that I needed to take control and have the lightbulb go off which it did. I have been focused on my health since that day and honestly I am not ever going to look back. Well I am going to look back because I do not ever want to go back to where I was in the past and by remembering I am going to stay focused. I am focused I am 100% focused!

The day got off to an oh to early start. I hate waking up early but such is the life of a working Mom. Breakfast was a serving of frosted mini wheats. YUM! It has been entirely to long since I have had those and they were a huge treat!

Like I mentioned earlier I was hitting roadblocks all day long and at one point I realized it was time for snack. It was celery and peanut butter it was supposed to be tuna but I am ohhhhhhhh so glad that it was peanut butter because tuna did not sound good at all today.

For lunch we realized last night that we were out of ground turkey so pizza burgers did not happen. I took a lean cuisine that when it was time to eat I realized was not good at all. It had been in the freezer wayyyyyyyyyy to long and was way past it's expiration date so I headed to the cafeteria. I went straight to the salad ordering area while looking longingly at the hamburgers and french fries. The smells were alluring but I am focused. I ordered a chicken taco salad with light ranch on the side. The salad was lettuce, grilled chicken, corn, and somehow I didn't get my black beans, cheese, or tortilla strips and they no longer have banana pepper rings on the sides bar so my salad was pretty blah. The ranch ended up in the trash too because I am just not into bottled ranch and especially light ranch. Oh well lighter salad for me! Ohhhhhhhh and I cannot forget that it had avacado on it YUM YUM YUM!!! That was the only thing that saved it for me. The only thing.

Afternoon snack was cottage cheese with mandarin oranges. It was as always delicious.

I got home and pulled the salmon out of the freezer and looked at the expiration date on the salmon and called D because it had passed a long time ago. Please keep in mind this is salmon that we bought only last month but it expired last April. I've learned check it at the store from now on GRRRR! Ok anyway back to dinner. D stopped at the store and got some ground turkey and some buns and a sweet potato and came home and made the pizza burgers w/ sweet potato fries that were supposed to be our lunch. Well the sweet potato would have been with dinner and salmon but they worked great with the burger LOL! So I am soooooooooo glad that I didn't get the burger that would have been bad for me at lunch because I got a super healthy one for dinner. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Then it was time to get Roo to bed and once she was asleep it was time to workout. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical. It was supposed to be Jillian Michaels but ummmmmm I forgot it was Thursday and ya know Thursday is my tv night. It has been my night for a bazillion years. ER is my show and I honestly do not know how I am going to recover when it leaves me at the end of this season. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! Oh well I am sure I will finmd a new show but ER will be missed no doubt about it.

After my workout ended at 35 minutes it was time for snack and we had a strawberry wafflecake YUM!!!

So tomorrow has a required trip to the store for ingredients for dinner. No biggie and totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment