Sunday, February 1, 2009

2/1/09 Part 1

I just posted our week 6 menu and I had to stop and go WOW we've been doing this for 6 weeks. For 6 weeks we have really refocused and are moving forward with this lifestyle. I really can't imagine going back to where we were just 7 weeks ago. We were talking yesterday after our free day how much more special it was to go out and eat when it's not a more regular occurence. It is so nice to be able to cook the food that hits the cravings here at home.

I also cannot wait until Farmer Markets start appearing so we can get more fresh veggies around here. Sam's does do a great job with veggies but there's just something about the straight out of the garden veggies that really hits the spot.

January is also over which means that our first month of cutting back on everything is also over and I have to say that we were successful. We only went out to eat 3 times this month which is a huge cut back for us. There was no eating out at lunches either. Dennis might have once or twice because of team lunches but I know that I didn't. Our biggest charge was from tests I had at the hospital in December that should be refunded to our account soon seeing as how we were very nicely overcharged. No comment on how aggravated I am with that one. I am really thrilled with the thought that our car will be paid off by the end of the year especially since we just bought it in September. I hate car payments! I am so excited that I have already found my nephews gifts for the year now if I don't change my mind we will be in a good place. Last year for Christmas I totally changed what I was going to get them and with as much as Roo loves the items I really hope the boys do as much. I am hoping that I can get the rest of the families gifts for the year done soon so that I can have one thing off my mind if something happens with our jobs which is definitely much more on the front of our minds since Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment