Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/09 All Day

Today I feel human. Why do I feel human you may ask well it's because I did not spend the day doubled over coughing. You know the type of cough it's the one that leaves you shaking because you have been coughing literally from your toes. It's the really hard one that leaves your abs feeling sore because you cannot stop the coughing and the muscles are straining as you are praying that your lungs will not come flying up out of your mouth because you are seconds away from thinking that they are. It is nice to feel normal again, I had not realized how long it had been since I felt this way.

The day got off to a nice and lazy start. I woke up at 7:10 and got to work until I heard squeaks from upstairs so I was then off to get a little baby bear. She was actually in a very good mood and as she cuddles into her Daddy's lap to munch on his cream of wheat w/ banana I took the opportunity to make mine and to get her a cup of milk. By the time my breakfast was ready his was gone so the little muncher moved over to my lap and got to work eating mine. She actually just took three bites and was off and running. For me it was back to work because on work from home days I really do put in my time.

After posting the weekly messages and updating this week's assignment and putting boots onto a little bear multiple times I realized that the morning had passed very quickly and so it was time for snack. Today's morning snack was a cheese quesadilla so I warmed the griddle up warmed the tortillas up (2 tortillas because Roo and I were getting our own), added in a serving of cheese, and a dash of mexican seasoning, folded it over and flipped them back and forth until the tortillas were a little crunchy and the cheese was all melted. I then used the pizza slicer to cut the half moon quesadilla into quarters for Roo and myself. These are so simple and so good and I don't know why they aren't on our menu more often! Roo ate hers and wanted more. It's a good thing I eat faster or else mine might have been gone as well!

After a quick story, a game of chase the ball and the baby and it was back to work until lunch. Roo loves carrying on conversations as the day goes on and todays conversation of note was about hats. She loves hats and anything cloth can be a hat. She emptied out the laundry basket and tried everything on her head and tried to figure out which hat was the best one for her. Finally she found a REAL hat and she did the happy dance. Lunch was a greek chicken salad. It had mixed greens, 2 grilled chicken tenders which were flavored with some garlic salt and pepper, and then cucumber, feta cheese, and tomatos w/ a homemade greek vinigarette dressing. I need to try to recreate the dressing because I loved it and it was very different than the one in the biggest loser cookbook.

Then a little bear who was becoming a big bear or a beast went up for her nap and it was of course back to work for me. When she woke up we got to sing a where is my bear song and we all got to dance around the room. We had so much fun! We came downstairs and I got her cup of milk ready for her and she latched onto the carrot cake that was in the fridge she went ape and told me that is what she wanted to eat, eat, more, eat, now for snack. I looked at the portion sizes and saw that 2 oz were 280 calories so I cut a little off and weighed it and cut a little more until I got 1 oz and ate that. Roo got a big piece and was so happy. Now I need to remember to stick that sucker in the freezer so we can have more much later.

Finally the day ended and it was time to cook dinner. We had 2 cooked chicken tenders topped w/ marinara sauce and some mozzarella cheese served w/ a side of high fiber pasta. YUM!!

Then it was time for me to relax while D spent some time with a hyper little girl who was having so much fun showing us all of her tricks. When she finally went to sleep it was time for D and I to get back to our workouts. We put in the dvd I had gotten for us both for Valentines Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Spots and man oh man was it killer! It was an intense hour and even now an hour after I stopped my muscles are still shaking. I only coughed a little which was amazing and such a difference from where I was last week at this time. I made it through though and I rocked it!

Snack was a cappucino shake because we were hot, hot, hot after doing the workout. It was as always YUMMERS!

So that ends another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment