Friday, May 8, 2009

5/8/09 All Day

Today has been a day. I got up really early and took Roo out for a nice long walk before the day got started. We shared a bowl of life cereal w/ milk and giggled as the milk dribbled down Roo's chin. Then we cuddled for a little bit before it was 8:00 and time for work and Sesame Street. Roo got busy doing her thing with blocks and the occasional look up at the tv in time to scream either Ocar, Elmomo, Bid Bird, or abby dadabby, it was fun and cute to watch her. I worked and tried not to start screaming at several points. Roo would come up for hugs and I would take a minute to take a deep breath remember that I'm doing this for her and give her lots of cuddles while trying to solve problems in my head without banging said head into a brick wall which really sounded tempting at several points of the day.

Morning snack was a banana and Roo and I shared each others. Don't ask me why I didn't start it but it was fun. Lunch was a big salad which was actually leftovers from last night and was YUMMY! Roo was not amused at one point though because she wanted more broccoli and I was out. She came over and picked through my salad to see if I was kidding with her and cried when she realized I wasn't. Oy note to self buy more broccoli tomorrow although I am sure that tomorrow will be a want for something else because isn't that always the way?

Then after awhile she went up for her nap and I popped in Biggest Loser Cardio max and went through that and got a really nice workout done. I feel it right now that's for sure! Afternoon snack was angel food cake w/ strawberries and cool whip. Roo inhaled it and I had to eat quickly to be able to enjoy mine before a little helper tried to get it. Dinner was a chicken and mushroom lasagna that had a lot of spinach in it. I need to try to recreate the recipe and post it because it was really good!

We all went for a family walk tonight which was really enjoyable and I don't think I am going have an evening snack. Evening workout has been clean the house because we have company coming over for lunch tomorrow and we have quite a bit to get cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment