Monday, May 11, 2009

5/11/09 Monday Fitness with the Family

One thing I have found is that it is so hard to get a workout in when you're trying to get it in around a little ones schedule. I love Roo's schedule but I can't get the workouts in that I want to get in if I wait for her to sleep so on the days that we are home (whether it's weekend or my two work from home days) I do a workout that she can be easily involved in and that is walking in the house.

She knows when she gets up that we are going to march march and she will get ready for it with stretching, then doing the video. Presenting it in such a way that she is excited about has really helped me out because she encourages me to get through it. Who am I kidding she's a little trainer in training she will not let me accomplish less than I am capable of because she will stare me down and tell me to March. It's really cute!

I'm excited because this is something that she loves to do, I am able to get my workout in, and I am demonstrating to her a healthy lifestyle with some easy to accomplish activity in it. Then when she tires out she either wants up in my arms to march which adds to my workout with more weight, or she will go start to play with a favored toy of the moment.

If you are looking for a way to get a workout in with a little one you might want to try something similar. I know that it won't work for everyone but it's always worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment