Thursday, April 9, 2009

4/9/09 All Day

Today was a very weird day and I did not hit my goals at the time I wanted to hit them. For those who aren't in the metroplex there were really bad wildfires so being outside was not advised for those with asthma and I have asthma. The smoke and haze in the air was HORRENDOUS and I do mean HORRENDOUS! So there went the long evening walk, and the walk at lunch was cut short as well. *sigh* I did hit my moderate goal at 9:15 tonight so I got some workout but it's not where I want me to be. I am not sure I'll hit the calorie goal at all but such is life for today. I might hit it by midnight we'll see.

Food for the day was honey nut cheerios, a south beach bar, sandwich w/ 2 pieces high fiber bread, 3 oz turkey, 1 laughing cow, and 1 serving tortilla chips, then yogurt and animal crackers for snack. Dinner was an oven baked chicken fried steak (3.5 oz) 1.5 tbs mashed potatos, sauteed squash w/ onions, and reduced fat gravy (as in made with reduced fat milk) It was DELISH and hit a craving that I had been having for about a week now. I almost caved and called the local cafe to pick up an order of chicken fried steak but baking it instead of frying it is so easy and so good! I can't wait for my leftovers tomorrow LOL! Evening snack is a skip I'm just not feeling it right now.

Workouts I did the Power 90 strength as well as some walking at work but like I said smoke greatly reduced my ability to do that.

Go Wear Fit Review: I think my display needs a new battery it's acting weird right now and it doesn't seem to update on a regular basis and it's not beeping when I hit some of my goals like I did hit the 8K steps but no notification. Not that that is a bad thing but.....Anyway I still love the product. D got his today and he's been walking, jumping, jogging around the house trying to see what he can do. I can't wait to see how he does with it because he is so much like me in that he likes to see the numbers.

Power 90 review: I made it through the strength tonight and instead of using the bands I used weights and I feel it in a totally new way! I think I like a combination of using both bands and weights but there are some exercised that just hurt with the bands like the ones where you have to take them above your head the band actually hurts my arm not the resistance but the band itself. So now I have done it with weights and I am going to work on mixing that up some more and adding weight amounts for different exercises. I do see a difference already I feel stronger and I am starting to see some tone in my arm. WAHOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment