Thursday, April 16, 2009

4/16/09 All Day

It's 9:30 and I just now got my daughter to sleep so needless to say there is no Power 90 workout tonight I'd never be able to go to sleep if I did it now. However the cuddles were so worth it.

It's been a really tough emotional week for me and the next paragraph is a downer type post so feel free to skip ahead.

Life is so fragile and things you know can be changed in the blink of an eye. A person who I had known for years is no longer with us and I don't understand the reason why. I really cannot wrap my head around what happened and if I can't I really don't know how his family is going to deal with the loss. I don't know how his friends are going to deal with the loss. I just don't understand and I know that I never will. Then my best friend let me know her puppy had passed away two weeks ago and her puppy was her baby always with her and loved so much. And then this morning on the way to work traffic came to a complete stop. I had all sorts of emergency vehicles pass by me and I was like ok it'll be awhile. I could see that they were all headed and they were not that far in front of where I was maybe 30 cars. It dawns on me I had not seen an ambulance go by and then I heard the helicopters and a careflight chopper landed. And then 5 minutes later another one. And then there was another helicopter in the area with careflight markings on it but it never landed. And after all those had arrived an ambulance went by. After an hour and a half they finally let the west bound traffic pass and I saw one of the cars and I do not know how anyone could have survived in that vehicle. I called D and told him that I loved him. Time slows down for no person so we need to be thankful for what we have right now. Sorry for the downer post like I said I've been struggling emotionally this week. As soon as Roo came home tonight she gave me the biggest hug and I sat down to just hold onto her. Tonight when she wouldn't go down I decided it was ok because I really just needed to hold onto her for awhile.

Breakfast was cheerios which were eaten on the road well actually when I was out of the car stretching because no person should sit in the car with no movement for an hour and a half while waiting for traffic to be cleared to go past a wreck. I also drank a diet coke which probably wasn't the wisest thing but I was thirsty and it was in my bag for lunch. Not wise because we couldn't move and there were no convenient bathrooms. It was actually kind of funny once we got past the wreck traffic all seemed to move into our lane again quickly and it was funny how many cars were turning into the first gas station past it. LOL! Made it to work finally and half an hour later it was time for an orange and cheese sticks for snack. Lunch was a lean cuisine pizza chicken and garlic and yeah that was my last one of those the garlic was a little to garlicy for my taste. Afternoon snack was vanilla yogurt and freeze dried fruit. YUM! Dinner was baked chicken parmesan w/ spaghetti and marinara sauce. Evening snack was 1/2 cup of frozen peach yogurt.

Workouts were walking around the building and getting my steps in and our hour long family walk tonight. I am going to hit all my goals for the day so that's good but tomorrow I need to step it up to make up for the loss of a workout tonight. I hope Roo is ready to march march first thing in the morning (after the bus goes by of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment