Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4/22/09 All Day

Happy Earth Day!

I have to start at the beginning of today when I got up. I slept so hard last night that honestly it was really hard to get up I just wanted to laze around but work was calling so up it was. Roo is feeling better so that's good. Anyway before Roo got up and before I lose my train of thought I got up and got on the scale. I stepped off the scale. I stepped on the scale. I blinked, stretched, gave the scale enough time to go back to sleep, kicked the button again, got on went no that's not right. Got off, repeat the steps a few times and each time it said the same thing. I was like you have got to be kidding me but nope D confirmed the scale showed new numbers. I am in a new weight decade. I broke out of the 170's where I have been trapped all year. I am DONE well yeah not officially since my official weigh in day is Monday but I know I am working hard and I am NOT going to break this week just because I want to see that number again actually I won't lie I want that number to be lower but I broke out of the 170's at least for today.

I really had to stop and reflect on that one as I was driving to work. I am finally out of the 170's. I have been so focused on losing weight and pushing my way down the scale and to see the results I cannot put into words how great it feels. I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to give up. How many times I have wanted to say fine I'll stay this way forever. How many times I have said that I must not be worth it since my body doesn't want to lose the weight that I might as well give up. How many times I have wanted to find ANY excuse that is out there and just call it quits. I didn't let myself though, D didn't let me. I kept pushing and D kept encouraging because he is right here with me in this weight struggle. We both want to be healthier and this lifestyle is getting us there.

This blog has really helped keep me focused too. I know I can't stop and I need to go back and read through my thoughts at the beginning of this focused journey because I know I am even more focused now than I was then. I started this blog for multiple reasons. The big one was because I wanted a journal that I could hand over to my doctor and say LOOK this is what I am eating, this is what I am doing, this is ME. I am not bsing I am not pulling the wool over anyones eyes this is who I am now tell me why I am having so many intestinal problems. Don't tell me that I am imagining the issues don't tell me after you run tests that IF I continue to have problems to come back. Do NOT give me that BS. I've had the issues for years one negative test does not mean the issue is not there. This blog was really to show him the problems. It became therapuetic for me as well. Soon after I started this blog I decided to switch doctors because I really was not happy with mine. I was having trouble and I was not imagining things. I hurt ALL the time. I couldn't go out to eat without getting sick. I couldn't make it to work without stopping on the way. I was getting depressed. I was not losing weight. I was frustrated and I was angry. I am the type that wants things to talk about to a doctor I want to make sure I have my symptoms listed and that for something like this I can show what I have tried and what isn't working. In my research I ran across an article that talked about how much trouble a person could have if they chewed sugarless gum and I went BINGO! That was it that was my problem. I decided to experiment with it and sure enough I quit chewing gum and ALL of my stomach issues cleared up. It is seriously amazing. I do need to go talk to the new doctor and see if we can get a confirmation that gum was the issue but for now I am enjoying how great I feel because it has been years since I have felt this good.

A healthy lifestyle for me is the way I want to be living. I want my daughter to see me as an example not like Mike saw Ron on biggest loser last night. I don't want her to say Mom why did you give up on yourself and therefore give up on me? I'm not going to I am going to strive forward and keep the motivation and keep this living going.

This blog is full of random thoughts as I have been on this journey and it will continue to be filled with random thoughts as I continue on this journey and when I hit maintenance it will still be filled with random thoughts because I do want to maintain my focus and my drive. If you are reading this THANK YOU for your support. I cannot do this alone I have found I need the cheering section and I want to be there to cheer for anyone else who needs it. This is a long hard difficult journey to be on but we cannot give up because we are all worth it and more.

So the morning was good I had honey nut cheerios for breakfast. I skipped snack because I was going out to eat with coworkers to a greek restaurant and knew I needed to save up my calories. At the restaurant I had a small greek salad and the gyro dinner which was gyro meat, 1 whole pita, served over rice. I had half for lunch and then I had the rest of the meat and bread for afternoon snack. For dinner I made ground turkey tacos w/ cheese, tomato, lettuce, and a taco shell. For evening snack I had some freeze dried grapes and a glass of milk.

Workouts we did the family walk and had so much fun looking at everything around us. And then we did p90x Kenpo. OUCH! I need for us to start waking up earlier and that might be next weeks goal because I want to be doing power 90 as well but when you start working out at 8:30 and the video is an hour well I really do like being in bed before 11........It's ok though Roo time is much more important and the weekends are a great time for really pushing it which is why we want to do both programs but you do what you can do. And on average I am getting three hours of moderate exercise a day so i am happy.

Go Wear Fit I still love it. I love seeing the numbers and really pushing myself. This thing ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment