Monday, December 29, 2008

A little about me to start

Weight has always been an issue in my life. In High School I fought to lose the pounds and was successful on slim fast and strict diet. It all went kaput in college when I gained the Freshman 50. I wised up real fast and got back on the bandwagon again and started losing.

During a bad relationship I was told that I was fat even though I was at the smallest size I had ever been (a size 6) and when the relationship ended I gained weight again.

When I met my husband I was working on losing weight, actually not really I was working on changing my lifestyle. I tried Jenny Craig, Weightwatchers, Slim Fast again, and when I was home sick one day I heard someone on the news talking about Body for Life. I really bought into what was being said and went out that day to buy the book. When my husband got home I showed him and after he read it he said let's do it. Life changed at that point and the weight came off.

When I got married I was happy at the size I was although I was still losing. Body for life does not focus on just diet but rather incorporates fitness and diet and shows how the combination of the two brings about a healthier life style. I was so beyond happy with how I was eating, working out, and feeling that I vowed to stick with the program.

Then the year came that I got pregnant. I followed the general principles of the program while I was pregnant and vowed to get back into it 100% as soon as the baby was here. Yeah that didn't exactly happen. I was no longer able to go to the gym for an hour after work as I wanted to get home to spend time with the family.

This year we bought a home gym and although I have been using it I have not been focusing on using it like it was intended to be.

2009 is my year and I am going to make some serious changes in life.

Each month I am going to challenge myself fitness wise to a certain number of hours per month of cardio and weights. I am going to do cardio everyday because I know it's what works, I know it's what helps, and I know it's what is going to get my body back to where I am happy with it and don't mind looking in the mirror or trying on clothes again.

Diet wise I am back on the body for life bandwagon. 6 small meals a day sound like HEAVEN right now. My food scaled has been ordered and I am ready to focus on this again. My husband is back on the wagon as well. We are both going to make 2009 our year.

I am not going to set a weight goal because I don't lose weight fast. It is a very long tedious process to see the numbers on the scale start to move down. I usually see inches fall off much sooner and I am so ready for that!

We're not starting in 2009 though, we're starting today as today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment